With over 15 years experience working in agencies, in-house and with startups on digital projects, I'm well-versed with taking complex ideas and making them approachable and engaging to broad audiences.
Having spent my formative years in the product team of an online market research company, research based, human-centred design is the cornerstone of my design practice. The majority of my process is centred around diagnosing problems and testing how well solutions solve those problems, rather than the ideation of the design solution itself. Without properly identifying the problem to be solved, any subsequent design solutions run the risk of being ineffective.
During my tenure at Limepay I was the Lead Product Designer responsible for their core product offering; the end-to-end user experience of the STACK checkout and user dashboards. Product initiatives lowered loan default rates by over 82% and I championed and established research and user testing protocols for the business. Click here for a sample of my work.
As Head of Design at Eclipx Group (ASX:ECX), I worked closely with the Group Marketing Manager and Management Team to deliver strategic initiatives and creative direction to varying brands across the group's portfolio and partnership activities.
Previously, as Lead Designer at independent digital agency, T-bone Productions, I serviced multiple accounts concurrently in a client facing role across responsive web, mobile app and social media projects.
I also gained experience with creating and maintaining a global brand with both B2B and B2C objectives whilst managing a team of fellow designers and developers as Design and Creative Services Executive at Pureprofile. Spending my formative years in the product team at an online market research company has given me quite a unique perspective of research based design as I was surrounded with user experience methodologies before UX was as prominent as it is today.
I’ve built my career out of identifying key user needs and shaping design solutions uniquely for them.
My freelance work opportunities have seen me creating website fan pages for Australian celebrities, sourcing funding for unprivileged students in community theatre programs and designing Sydney’s first craft vodka label.
I'd be excited to help you with your next project. Don't hesitate to contact me.
"Jessica was contracted to design our premiere production several years ago. Jessica’s professionalism and timeliness, coupled with her dedication to a given project have ensured that since that time she has continued to work on all of our productions. Most admirable is her ability to take our ideas and translate them into striking designs by injecting her own creativity and design eye. Her designs have consistently hit the mark as she has always sought first and foremost to understand the needs and target markets of our customers. We are fortunate to be working with such a skilled artist."
Artistic Director, Apocalypse Theatre Company
Festival Producer, Sydney Fringe Festival
I work collaboratively with product & development teams to design functional and user-friendly interfaces for clients in multiple industries.
I love taking on projects that are in verticals where I have little experience to further challenge myself. Some of the companies I’ve worked with are listed below.
Sydney Fringe Festival
Apocalypse Theatre Co.
Bakehouse Theatre Co.
The Salvation Army
The Steve Waugh Foundation
The Sebastian Foundation
Build By Design
Small Mouth Vodka
Malcolm Turnbull MP
Rush Hour Canada
News Corp Australia
2020 - Present
Lead Product Designer for core product of FinTech start-up. End-to-end user experience for white-labelled, embedded finance payment platform with B2B and B2C use cases.
- Championed and established research and user testing protocols
- Product initiatives that lowered loan default rates by over 82%
- Contributed to the build of a new design system
- Projects focused on automated, self-serve processes in the checkout and user dashboards
- Cross-functional collaboration and mentoring of junior staff
- Adapted designs for evolving AML and KYC regulatory requirements
2016 - Present
Head of Design
Headhunted by the Eclipx Group (ASX:ECX), a Trans-Tasman leader in vehicle fleet leasing and financial services. Initially employed as Lead Designer for the Consumer brand segment, advancing to Head of Design across the Group’s entire house of brands.
Scope of leadership duties included implementing a group-wide digital transformation project, cross-team lead generation initiatives, pitch work, partnership and agency liaison and team recruitment.
- Ownership of the Group’s brand guidelines, creative direction and end-to-end product development for projects across eight brands
- Led the product development of Georgie.com.au; a new car buying service disrupting the Australian automotive industry. Landing pages consistently converted at >22%
- Facilitated the launch of KoganCars.com.au in only 30 days, followed by regular improvements and site optimisation attracting over 75,000 monthly sessions
- Instrumental in the roll out of brand partnerships with Suncorp, RACV, GraysOnline and Kogan
- Elevated operational performance by implementing Hubspot marketing automation processes
- Advanced driver customer experience with four native apps
2007 - Present
Digital and Graphic Design, User Experience, Branding and Corporate Identity and Marketing Strategy.
Invaluable account management, business development and operations experience through freelance client projects for a wide variety of clients.
- Assisted eight businesses navigate brand launches and website updates during the global pandemic
- Branding, packaging design, digital and social strategy for Sydney’s first craft vodka label, culminating in stock supplied in over 400 bars and bottle shops nationally, including Dan Murphy’s and BWS
- Raised the profile of Australian celebrities and charities through wider digital presence and promotional collateral
2014 - 2016
Senior Digital Designer
Client facing Lead Designer, working across a wide range of UX/UI applications.
2007 - 2014
Design & Creative Services Executive
Consistently promoted to positions of increasing responsibility.
Building and maintaining a global brand with B2B and B2C objectives.
Flash web design projects and maintaining and upgrading existing websites. HTML and CSS coding.
Preparing jobs for print, Offset and Digital Printing, Binding, Cropping, Sales and Store front management.
Contact me today for a free quote.